- Understand domestic abuse and violence does happen in Christian relationships
- Be aware of the signs of power and control and abuse within intimate relationships and marriages.
- Creating a culture of zero-tolerance environment of discrimination and abuse within faith communities.
- ‘I believe you,’ ‘you are not alone,’ is a vital, validating first response, regardless of who the alleged perpetrator may be.
- Discussion with a woman, in agreement, around contacting relevant specialist service for further support in relation to any disclosures.
- Implement church procedures in relation to adult and child safeguarding policies where relevant, keeping the woman informed throughout the process.
- Responding to disclosures in partnership
- Contact 24/7 Domestic violence helpline: Freephone 0800 802 1414 or email email@example.com
- Contact specialist support services for advice, guidance and further support.